Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

As we enter the Thanksgiving weekend I would like to take a moment to share some things I am thankful for.

  • I am thankful to teach in a school that believes every child can learn and that the high standards can be reached through hands on, interactive, and multisensory activities.
  • I am thankful for students that persevere through a writing process that took six weeks, hundreds of pieces of paper, and plenty of blood, sweat, and tears.
  •  I am thankful for students that were willing to take their papers home, edit one more time, and turn it back in to prove mastery, even though they thought they were done.
  • I am thankful for amazing works of art representing 25 notable characters.
  • I am thankful for the rains that made us all stop and go "WOW".
  • I am thankful for second and third graders that work every bit as hard as we do memorizing lines and putting on the potlatch.
  • I am thankful that those same second and third graders invited us to join them!
  • I am thankful for seventh graders that not only accept others when approached, but seek out those that need a friend.
  • I am thankful for students that have found a passion for reading and are meeting or exceeding their Accelerated Reader goal.
  • I am also thankful for those students who have yet to find the passion for reading and aren't yet meeting their goal.
  • I am thankful for students who have proven that through concentrated effort on their spelling homework and participation in the spelling dialogue you can raise your Orthography scores dramatically.
  • I am thankful for Mrs. Rovang who helped every Course 2 Math student get their binder in order and ready for the next 35 lessons. Every student should now have notes for lessons 1 - 40, homework for lessons 35 - 40, and tests 5, 6, and 7 in their notebook.
  • I am thankful for the parents that have signed up to help clean the room. You have no idea how much it means to me to be able to spend the time giving students feedback on their writing and math instead of vacuuming the room.
  • I am thankful for the end of a unit. Today we took the summative assessment for WWI and will be moving on to the Roaring 20's on Monday.
  • I am thankful you have chosen to share your child with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment